Saturday, January 16, 2010

1940's skirt

I've been working on a 1940's skirt to match the blouse I recently made.  I decided to use the skirt from this Hollywood 1521 pattern:


I had to shorten it about two inches to fall where it does in the picture (just below my knee).  I made it out of a wonderful purple cotton fabric that has a bit of stretch to it.

Here it is with the blouse:


 

 

 

And here's a fun shot:


 
I did my hair up with criss-crossing braids:


 

The best part (besides having a lovely purple skirt to match my blouse) is that I think I have enough of the purple fabric left to make the matching jacket from the pattern.  Which of course, will lead to making a new blouse (like the one in the pattern).  The possibilities are endless!

SHARE:

10 comments

  1. You did a fantastic job. The whole look is incredible. I feel inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stumbled across your blog through some random linking and I had to stop and say how nice this skirt looks! This revival of vintage fashion fascinates me, but I'm too new to sewing to be brave enough to try sewing a garment yet! You've done a great job - thanks for sharing!
    Bethany, US

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! So talented, you are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks fabulous! Love the hair too. Looking forward to seeing more of your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the outfit especially the blouse fabric

    ReplyDelete
  6. So lovely! I hope you do make the jacket. I am quite jealous that your hair always looks so nice.
    P.S. - Those chairs are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great outfit! I have fun wearing my vintage stuff for photos too--only my frizzy hair never looks right for whatever decade I'm wearing!

    P.S. I like your old 15K sewing machine. I sew on a Singer 15-91 all the time. They're fantastic machines.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Niice! And the hair-style is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! YOU LOOK HOT! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a lovely skirt. I love this style and the colour is fantastic!

    Sewvictorygirl

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment--thank you so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig