Friday, April 9, 2010

Spring and summer wardrobe planning....

I've been doing a lot of planning for my spring and summer wardrobe and I've decided on the main colors for my sewing.  Most of the colors I've chosen are dark with a pop of bright colors.  I've decided to base my wardrobe around two tartans:

This one is called "Bright" and it is produced by the Scottish clothing company called Ness:


 And this one is called "Teal" also by Ness:


I have accessories in these tartans (so far three pairs of shoes and one purse) and also a jacket in the teal tartan.

My base fabrics are going to be navy blue, black, purple and grey.  My pops of color are going to be cerise (sometimes leaning towards fushia, sometimes more of a cerise color), both lighter and brighter blue, gold, white and purple (in my opinion you can never have enough purple).

Here's what the palette looks like at the moment:


I am super excited to see what I put together for my spring and summer wardrobe and I have some fun ideas planned!

I also signed up for the Me-Made May challenge that Zoe tried out last month.  For the month of March, Zoe only wore things she made (of course excluding underwear, socks, accessories, etc.)  I'm signing up for the 'lite' version of the challenge which includes wearing something me-made everyday for the month of May!  I think I can do it!  I would go for the full challenge but I lack me-made outerwear and well, Scotland in May isn't exactly warm yet.....I look forward to documenting the challenge!
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. How fun! I love the plaids you've picked out!
    Jana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debi! I'm doing the Me-Made-May challenge as well and also chose the 'lite' version. I'd have picked the full challenge if all of the projects in my head were complete - then I'd have enough to wear...
    Look forward to following along with you in May and seeing the outfits you put together :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the palette! You have chose such pretty colours. What will you be making? How is your nightgown coming along?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colours you picked. Beautiful combination. And how exciting is that challenge. I look forward to see what you'll be wearing. I bet you'll look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The "Me-Made" .... That will be very fun.
    The palette is lovely, I can´t wait to see all finished

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the idea of that challenge!
    Gorgeous fabrics!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great palette - you've picked some of my favorite colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How exciting to plan your wardrobe. It's such a useful step to make sure you don't end up with lots of individual pieces which don't go
    together. I've never done it before and usually wander round the shops mindlessly picking up things I fancy. Now I've started to sew my own clothes, I appreciate that more thought is required to make sure things can be worn together.I particularly like the bright colours you've chosen.

    Looking forward to seeing your me-made May lite outfits. I love the idea but I only have a few me-made things at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! I have been searching for products in the Ness "bright" line. I was in the UK three years ago and purchased a bag and a hat in this line and LOVE them. But since returning to the US I can't find any more. I searched Google images and located your blog. Do you know where I could get items in this line? The Ness site doesn't carry it, so I assume this line is discontinued? Thanks for any help you can be.

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment--thank you so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig