Saturday, June 26, 2010

Reminisce

Have you heard of the magazine called Reminisce?  This is their June/July cover:



My grandma recently got me a subscription and I absolutely LOVE it!!  It's published once every 2 months and what I really like is that Reminisce is reader written.  Readers send in their stories, memories, photos, home movie films all based on their own true life stories or personal reminiscences of years gone by (specifically the 20's, 30's, 40's and 50's).  It is a treasure trove of amazing stories and pictures from people across the U.S. and further afield.

Check out this two-page spread photo of women working at the Northwestern Bell Telephone Company in Burlington, Iowa in the late 40's:


This photo was sent in by Virginia Bresser Jurss of West Bend, Wisconsin who joined the company in 1947 (she's standing in the back in the plaid skirt): You'll notice all the girls have on sleeveless blouses as it was very warm in there and we only had fans to cool us in those days...One girl would want the fans on the next one requested to have them turned off.  It was hard to please them all.  Notice the racks on the backs of the chairs where the girls stored their purses while working...

I absolutely love the photo and looking at their great skirts and blouses!

Here's the photo from the back cover:

SHARE:

7 comments

  1. My mother use to love that magazine! We sort of switched to Victoria since they came back into publishing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a copy of this magazine in my hands once. It was so interesting.

    Trudy
    www.sewingwithtrudy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow! i've never heard of this magazine... but i think i might just have to get my little hands on a subscription. thanks for sharing!!! :)

    -Zinnia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd never heard of this magazine, but after seeing these pictures, I think I may have to subscribe myself!!
    From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks fantastic! More please! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never heard of it, what a wonderful publication. You girls might like this too, along the same lines but its modern girls submitting articles and knowledge and its online. http://www.vintagelifemagazine.com/

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment--thank you so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig