Sunday, July 11, 2010

In love with a snood...

I am so excited!  I just got a lovely flamingo pink snood from Arthelia's Attic on etsy (her etsy shop with reopen after her holiday at the end of next week).  It is handmade from an early 1940's pattern.  Naomi from Arthelia's Attic also has a blog.

Here I am wearing the snood with my hot pink blouse and navy trousers:


And here's a closer shot:


I love the snood because it took all of 10 minutes to do my hair this way!  The snood has elastic so I didn't even really need a lot of bobby pins to hold it in place (only 1).  The bow on the top is removeable.


It reminds me of this picture from 1944 in the Everyday Fashions of the Forties: As Pictured in Sears Catalogs: 

SHARE:

9 comments

  1. You're just getting more 40s by the day! It looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your snood, it's so cool, and you have such an amazing vintage look!!
    From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have an angelical look 40s, I love the snood!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It just suits you great!!!! I love the 1940's look. Maybe I should try it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the snood!! What a great addition to the outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the snood--what a fab color!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It suits you so much - especially with the bow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how cool. I had no idea what a snood was until visiting your blog today! It totally suits you and adds a dramatic flair to your look!

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment--thank you so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig