Monday, October 18, 2010

It's finished and there are ruffles galore!

It's finished!  I've made my first dickey from a 1940's pattern.  Here's what it looks like on the dressform from the front:


And from the side.  There is seam binding all the way around and that forms a nice little tie at the side:
 

Here's the view from the back:

Here's a picture of the pattern again, I made view #2.  I definitely want to try out some of the other styles as it's a great use for a small amount of fabric!



 I think I like this cascading ruffle look best!  I paired my dickey with a great black wool jacket and black pencil skirt and my favorite ness shoes.  How cute is this 'Thistle Cottage'?

 

It's super dark now all the time in Scotland!  So, it's hard to get daytime shots during the week.  But I kind of like how this photo turned out (a bit of sepia tone)!


I got this amazing tilt hat when I was visiting my family over the summer in Vancouver, WA.  My sister took me to this lovely vintage shop called Urban Eccentric Vintage.  Do you know the blogger Vixen Vintage?  It's from the shop she works at--unfortunately, she wasn't there when I stopped in but I got this hat and another amazing 1930's hat!  I LOVE IT!  I plan on wearing it a lot this winter.


Here's a close-up of the hat from the side:


Oh, I love it!  How much fun are ruffles?

SHARE:

35 comments

  1. I love the ruffles on this and pink must be your color because you look so good! Gives your complexion an extra oomph! I love the pancake tilt toppers too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colour and the ruffle are perfect. It looks especially fetching with your black suit and the gorgeous hat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, it's just wonderful. You look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow! you look so great, again in stunning hot pink.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look amazing! So chic, Miss Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!!! That is fantastic! What a great look!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how lovely, what a success!

    ReplyDelete
  8. As we say in our household- beautimous! As soon as I saw this post I rushed over to etsy and bought the very same pattern. Thanks for the inspiration. It looks lovely on and I adore the hat!

    ReplyDelete
  9. awesome! was it comfy to wear? so interesting! I'm still intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never heard anyone outside of my family say beautimous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those ruffles really brighten up your outfit, you look great. Love the hat too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How fun! My grandfather always wore a dickey (somewhat different than yours, btw) and I remember how shocked I was the first time I saw it. Where's the rest of the shirt? I love this and the color looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE it! You look stunning Debi. The whole outfit is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, it looks fabulous, I love it! Your whole outfit just looks amazing on you. And that hat is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Debi you look fantastic! The sleek, black suit works wonders with these super feminine pink ruffles :) The hat and make up are great too, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous ruffles! And that hat really suits you. Can't wait to see what you come up with next!
    - Susan

    ReplyDelete
  17. i love the dickey - so pretty and pink...Dickeys can be had at the antique shops for next to nothing because virtually no one wears them these days. I should make one to go with the 1930s sweater I'm making...but yours takes the cake - you wouldn't find a fuschia dickey at the antique shop!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You look amazing and so put together! How is the dickey to wear? Does it move around or stay put?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous look! I have a 1950s suit that needs a blouse or dickey to wear under and this gave me some great ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, wow! That hot pink makes it look so modern. (I mean that in a good way!) Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I also wanted to let you know that I nominated you for the One Lovely Blog Award! The post is here.

    http://lacouturieredimanche.blogspot.com/2010/10/my-first-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! Debi, you are DIVINE!!, it´s like the movie stars of the 50s. I also like to know if the dickey is moved inside the jacket. Absolutely adorable !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW! Serious ruffle-age! You look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!! The ruffles and colour are sensational! You look just like a golden age Hollywood movie star! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fantastic! The ruffles are so much fun and that is one saucy hat - you look fabulously retro-glam!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This turned out so great. Pink really is your colour!!!
    may i please steal those shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love it! And that hat is killer :-)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I am SO glad you got that hat, it's one of my favorites! But I am sorry to have missed you, would have loved to meet!

    xoxo
    Solanah

    ReplyDelete
  29. Pretty! I really love how you styled it, too. Great outfit. :)

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment--thank you so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig