Thursday, August 11, 2011

Design for Shabby Apple







I'm super excited to show you a Shabby Apple Dress design called 'Ocean Breeze' that David and I have been working on for the Shabby Apple Dare to Design contest.  The contest is to create a design and the top 15 designs will be chosen and readers will vote on their favourite.  The winner's design will get made into an actual dress for the spring 2012 line!!!

Super exciting!!!

My dress design features a heart-shaped bodice with a small contrast collar, wonderfully draped sleeves and a flare skirt. I'm picturing it in a nice rayon crepe or even wool crepe--something with a medium body but good drape.  The collar could be in white pique or another crisp fabric.

I was inspired by looks from 1933-1934, 1939-1941 and the 1950s.  This dress combines all my favourite elements of those decades.  Here's a bit of an inspiration board that led to the creation of the design:






I was also influenced by the Patone spring 2012 colour palette (which is very similar to the 1939 palette pictured above):



This dress has been designed in the 'scuba blue' colour (or the much prettier 'romance aqua' of the 1939 colour palette) with white contrast.  I think it would be the perfect spring dress!!  I really hope our design gets picked as I would love to sew up a sample dress!!

What do you think?
SHARE:

19 comments

  1. That is exciting, I wish you the best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. luv it, especially the sleeves (I would wear it) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Debi, what a super dress. While it very much mirrors vintage style it looks fresh and modern. the neckline is great, I can even see it with a contrast piping for a warm weather look. the waistline detail echo's the neckline beautifully. the flare in the skirt is perfect. good luck to you, I'll be looking forward to the process and the outcome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's gorgeous!! Well done Team Debi & David! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow it is lovley and has such fab details. Hope you do well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job! It looks super cute! Hope you win! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done! Good luck in getting picked :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! Love the bodice and flowing sleeves :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty--I love the shape of the neckline especially. Best of luck to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. it is lovely! the neckline is especially flattering, and i'm a sucker for anything that could possibly made with wool crepe :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think it's gorgeous! I hope it gets picked because this is definitely one that I would love to buy :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cute design! I really like the contrast collar and cuffs. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's really cute. I'd wear it in an instant. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful Deb! I could see that on their site. I love the booard ides.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful. I love it. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So pretty! I am discovering a new side of you ... Designing clothes! Wow! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is beautiful, I would love a dress like that.

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment--thank you so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig