Saturday, July 18, 2015

Florence, Italy: Bacci Fabrics


I think I've died and gone to fabric heaven.  Or is this heaven on earth?  Welcome to Bacci fabrics in Florence, Italy located on Via dell'Ariento. 


This amazing family owned shop was opened in 1945 and expanded in the 1990s.  It has designer Italian fabrics as well as the most amazingly luscious Italian wool.  I spent what felt like hours caressing and 'oohing and ahhhing' over the wool fabrics.  I ended walking away with 2 meters of the blue fabric (in the picture below) and the most amazing grey flannel wool.


Here's a shot of the length of the store and how happy I look with my purchases:


If you ever find yourself in Florence for work or pleasure, definitely take a trip over to Bacci fabrics.  The store is centrally located and easy to get to and well worth the visit. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The prices are more expensive but the quality is definitely top notch.  A nice fabric treat!


I love fabric shopping in new locations as I always find unexpected treasures.  What is your favourite holiday fabric shopping location?
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Thank you for your post. I’m a sucker for super inexpensive fabric stores around the world... do you have any suggestions? Such as the vendors in the open markets in Bangkok, where you can get top silks for a couple bucks per meter... I appreciate any suggestions you have! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment--thank you so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig