Monday, December 28, 2015

Simplicity 3688: Holiday Graffiti Trousers


Awww...Simplicity 3688...how I love thee.  This is my TNT (tried 'n true) trouser pattern.  This time I made it up in a earthy brown coloured wool.  I got this fabric at a charity shop (I love Scottish charity shops, where I regularly find metres of wool!)

The only alteration I make to this pattern is to cut the legs pattern pieces slightly longer.  It has two darts in the front and four in the back and closes with a lapped zipper on the side:

This is my 6th trouser make from this pattern!!  And it's fair to say that these trousers are a staple of my wardrobe and are worn on a weekly basis:
Top left: Green lightweight trousers; top right: the tweed ensemble; middle left: the first pair in lightweight navy wool fabric;  middle right: trousers in greyish black; bottom left: trousers in Italian grey wool and bottom right: my new trousers!

I love the fit of these high-waisted 1941 (reproduction) trousers pattern.  It looks great with a suit jacket (this one is from my favourite Scottish company, Ness) or styled in the 1940s way.


We took these photos in Florence where we spent the Christmas holiday period. The city is so charming and colourful.  There were light displays throughout the city.  These photos were taken at the Santo Spirito cathedral which had children's drawings project onto it throughout the night.  How lovely is that?


YAY for favourite patterns!  What is your tried 'n true pattern?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I read each and every comment--thank you so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig