Friday, May 20, 2016

Kuala Lumpur Bird Park and the "Clackett Cantina" Dress

Photo credit: Peter from Flytographer

On my recent trip to Malaysia, I visited the Kuala Lumpur bird park.  Oh my gosh, this place is amazing.  It's a large open air aviary with lots of different kinds of birds and beautiful vegetation.  The tropical birds were my absolute favourite and I was super excited to actually get to interact with the birds!




Photo credit: Peter from Flytographer

I wore my me-made 1940 dress that was made using my McCall 3684 pattern. This dress is affectionately called "the Clackett Cantina dress" as I made it in celebration of Roisin's, aka Dolly Clackett's wedding.  I thought the printed fabric was perfectly inspired by her.  Though I bet she would have had the perfect bird fabric dress for such an outing!  



Photo credit: Peter from Flytographer

The fabric is a nicely draping rayon and the dress features front gathers and a bloused back also with gathers:


Photo credit: Peter from Flytographer

There were lots of different types of birds in the park.  My favourites were the tropical and brightly coloured birds and the regal white cranes:


Photos credit: Peter from Flytographer

Bwaaaa...how cool is this photo?  These guys were just hanging out and I slowly crept in to contemplate alongside them.  They are so regal:


Photo credit: Peter from Flytographer

I absolutely love this dress.  It has one of the few v-necklines from my 1940 patterns (most of the patterns from this year feature what they call the "jewellery neckline" which is a neckline that goes up to the collarbone to show off your necklaces).  I also really love the sleeves and the length of the dress (which I made just below the knees).

Photo credit: Peter from Flytographer

There were other friendly critters at the bird park besides birds....check out this Koi fish pond:

Photo credit: Peter from Flytographer

The bird park was so relaxing and because I went on a Monday morning, there was hardly anyone there!  There were paths throughout the park, including one that led to a waterfall:

Photo credit: Peter from Flytographer

I worked with Peter from Flytographer who took these fabulous photos.  In case you missed my last post, Flytographer is this really cool start-up company that connects you with local photographers so that you can capture your vacation memories (or your me-made outfits OR BOTH! hahaha).  Isn't Peter an amazing photographer??
  
Photo credit: Peter from Flytographer

My last favourite photos are of me and this guy--we were totally in tune:

Photo credit: Peter from Flytographer
Photo credit: Peter from Flytographer

SO much fun!  Have you ever seen amazing tropical birds?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I read each and every comment--thank you so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig